Monday 23 April 2012

40 shaped ice block and poirot martinis

the reason i missed a very important gathering, on saturday 21 april, is because of this:


at the bar's one year anniversary, a watchful gentleman approached me and asked me whether i was doing parties such as these, elsewhere. yes, was my reply and the proposal and exchange of info begun... i was to create a happening for his partner's fourtieth birthday, so our dialogue started with cocktail lists, shopping lists, supplier lists and pie n' mash preferences for my staff and myself...


after his desires and my suggestions, we opted for bourbon sours, deluxe margaritas, gin daiquiris and poirot martinis (hercules loved to sip his cassis, like an apperitif, hence the name and made with vodka, lemon and apple juice)... it was very very popular, among the curious and highly appreciative guests...


we ran out of booze happily and very late, with some eggs, juice and oranges left behind... and a lot of wine and bubbly replenished by the visitors...


it was a great atmosphere, super organised and easy, including fresh sushi for starter, pie n' mash with a homemade slaw for main and lots of cakes, cupcakes and the star shaped birthday cake for dessert... jazz was playing in the conservatory and the huge ice block in the shape of zia's age was melting happily, in small drips throughout the night...


we were treated, thanked, paid and after i dropped my people home, i sped to a warehouse party to meet up finally with one of my favourite people in a dancing, lazered and dark affair with double gin and tonic in a plastic cup, as there was no wine...


many thanks to andre and mystique for the help and sat, for hiring me... 
a good boost to add to my curriculum and extend the career...































No comments:

Post a Comment